Thursday, June 19, 2008

7/23/07 Lester returns to the mound

Lester returns to the mound

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2007/07/23/happy_to_deliver_good_news_on_lester/

Please read that story, feel good moments have been few and far between lately in sports.

Obviously fans of teams chasing the Sox might not want him to win tonight, or at all for the rest of the season, but most fans should be behind this kid tonight.

I'll be playing softball when the game starts tonight but my DVR will be spinning in my abscence.

On a RedSox Yankee board I visit daily ( http://www.yankeesredsox.com/ ) I have been calling for Lester's return for a while. Whether he can perform or not, he can't really be worse than Tavarez has been. Tavarez can get you through the first three innings quite well. It is that second time through the lineup that he usually gets knocked around, badly. With Schilling coming back eventually, Lester may or may not get starts. For now, I am happy to see this story develop.

3 comments:

  1. In response to: Lester returns to the mound
    Comment from: bosfan [Visitor]
    I'll be watching I hope he does well! Your right Steve the Sports world could use a few feel good stories, and this would be a good one!

    How about these two posibilities;

    1. They are bringing Lester up now to see if either he or Gabbard is going to take the 5th spot going down the stretch and into the postseason?

    2. Or, they want to get Lester a couple of starts and showcase him before the trade deadline, maybe Theo has a blockbuster trade scenario in mind?

    The timing is interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In response to: Lester returns to the mound
    Comment from: blmeanie [Visitor]
    I think it would be foolish to trade either of them at this point.

    Next year you very likely will be without Schilling, Wake is closing in on 50...I'd keep both around unless you get a deal for someone you can't refuse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In response to: Lester returns to the mound
    Comment from: bosfan [Visitor]
    I think that would be the only way they would. I can't see them playing around with there future unless it was a no brainer.

    ReplyDelete