Thursday, June 19, 2008

9/4/07 September baseball, football starting up

September Baseball, football starting up

After the dismal series in NY a week ago, the Sox have righted the ship against Baltimore and Toronto (so far).


Clay Buchholz pitched a no hitter in his second career start on Saturday. While I was in the woods camping, I kept track of this on my trusty Treo. Great device, although annoying when signal is weak...

Math problem revisited: If the Sox play .500 the rest of the way, they get to the magical 95 wins. To tie for the division, the Yankees would have to go 19-5 (.792) in the same 24 games remaining. It does appear the stranglehold the Yankees have had on the division titles is about to end. While still in the middle of the wildcard hunt, the Yankees appear to be a team in transition. My guess is that one or more of their highly touted youngsters will be dealt over the winter for a veteran pitcher.


College football had an exciting first weekend. Michigan's loss to Appalachian State narrowly beat out Notre Dame's embarrassing loss to Georgia Tech as the story of week 1.

The Pro's start up this week, on Thursday i will post my picks for the week. Starting next week I will post the outcome in the pick'em pool I am in and discuss what went wrong/right.


Phil Mickelson finally beat Tiger head to head on a Sunday. Good to see. Want Tiger to earn that record when he finally beats Jack's major titles mark.

3 comments:

  1. In response to: September Baseball, football starting up
    Comment from: bosfan [Visitor]
    GT winning over Notre Dame narrowly beats out the Michigan debacal?

    Appalachian State going into Michigan and winning is arguably the greatest upset in college football history!! Notre Dame's team this year is not that good and it showed. (Not down playing GT, they have a solid team as always that can give any team trouble)

    I think the headline by far is Michigan, GT beating Notre Dame is on page 2 or three.

    Just my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In response to: September Baseball, football starting up
    Comment from: blmeanie [Member]
    you misread my quote a little bit

    "Michigan's loss to Appalachian State narrowly beat out Notre Dame's embarrassing loss to Georgia Tech as the story of week 1."

    I played up the Notre Dame loss for a co-workers benefit (alum)

    ReplyDelete
  3. In response to: September Baseball, football starting up
    Comment from: bosfan [Visitor]
    No, I'm reading it right, but my first sentence should be reversed. I was shocked that you thought the Michigan loss was just slightly more shocking than the Notre Dame.

    Sorry for the confusion, I should read what I write a bit closer before sending it.

    Enough, next subject!

    ReplyDelete