Thursday, June 19, 2008

6/16/08 US Open Sunday/Monday

US Open - Sunday/Monday

Sunday's 4th round of the US Open was fun to watch as a lead in to the Celtics/Lakers game.

I watched a good bit on Saturday as well but really wanted Westwood to hit his putt (assuming Tiger would) to make it a threesome today in the playoff. He missed and of course tons is being written about Tiger today.

I get it, the knee. He is mis-hitting more shots than normal for Tiger. It almost makes him human. I fully expect Tiger to win by 3 or 4 today. He smells the blood in the water and will take it home.

Somewhere previously in this blog, I wrote of cheering for somebody else other than Tiger and got an earful from a few of you as well as my wife. I have no shame saying I was rooting for Rocco yesterday. Very likable and a good story to boot. He played solid but just could not hit a mid-range putt yesterday. Rocco's gee-golly this is great attitude and the "I knew he was going to make it" quote after Tiger hit it sort of imply's he is in envy mode for today's round. I hope not. With Tiger and his knee vulnerable, I hope Rocco plays solid and puts the pressure on.

BTW - my leaderboard from ESPN didn't go low enough, where did Phil end up? Maybe Phil and KG can get together for a few laughs, compare chokes.

No comments:

Post a Comment